Since the time my tot was around 18 months, she has been playing with sidewalk chalk. I love that she can be creative, experiment with color and design, and I don’t have to clean up! My neighbors have commented that they love how “cheery” our walkway is. My toddler has gotten much better at drawing since she first started, over a year ago, and she is getting into stencils and letters now.
I never thought of using stencils with sidewalk chalk because the sidewalk chalk is so bulky, but after checking out the Chalk City Activity Kit, I changed my mind. They make stencils that are large enough to get a piece of chalk in. My toddler had a great time “coloring in” the stencils and making various signs on the sidewalk. My husband created a straight path with the Road Maker so my toddler can learn how to keep her tricycle straight. This is something we have been working on all summer, but now she has guidelines to stay within.
For older children, you can create obstacle courses and footing charts for games like Jumping Jacks and Hopscotch. There are so many various activities that promote healthy physical activity, the possibilities are endless! Be sure to check out the Chalk City Activity Kit which includes:
- 1 Road Maker® Holds two pieces of sidewalk chalk and creates roadways or courses for kids to run or ride around on their favorite riding toy.
- 3 Road Sign Stencils: Between the Road Maker® chalk lines, kids can learn the rules of the road with the Stop Sign, Turn Left/Right, and Straight Ahead Stencils
- 3 Obstacle Course Stencils: Between the Road Maker® chalk lines, kids can enhance their outdoor physically active play time with the Jumping Jacks, Spin Left/Right, Hop Both Feet/Left Foot/Right Foot Stencils
- 20 pieces of Sidewalk Chalk
- 1 Activity Booklet Offers a variety of additional games and cities to enhance the Chalk City toy experience
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.