Another summer is drawing to a close and the crisp, clear days of autumn are starting to settle in. It’s always a little sad when another summer ends and everyone goes back to their normal routines or work, school, and always too short weekends.
If there is one thing, however, that is good about the end of the summer is that you can now start thinking about winter holidays! Time spent with your family, basking in the sun, and enjoying the warm breeze of some tropical clime – there really is nothing better! If you start your planning early you can find yourself great deals on airfare and accommodation, leaving you with enough pennies leftover to splash out on a great vacation wardrobe! Try these travel tips from the experts at Sykes Cottages to save big when planning your winter holiday.
- When starting to look for flights avoid the websites of the top carriers and look instead at group sites like Expedia and SkyScanner to find the best deal from airlines around the world.
- Another easy way to save on flights is to be flexible with your dates. Why not consider flying mid week rather than on Friday or Saturday like everyone else? A slight change to your plans can end up saving you a considerable amount of money.
- Staying in hotel with your whole family isn’t really the most relaxing of propositions. Staying in a holiday cottage or vacation home is a much better options for families, giving you much more space than a hotel room for a lower price. If you happen to heading to the UK or Ireland try visiting www.sykescottages.co.uk to see the type of self-catering cottages that are available.
- Another way that a holiday cottage will save you money is on food. With the fully equipped kitchen you’ll be able to prepare all, or some, of your own meals which is great for the pocketbook, waistline, and your sanity if you have small children with you.
- You don’t want to over plan activities for your holiday but if you there are a few things you know you absolutely want to do then take a look on their website in advance and you might be able to score a deal. Many attractions offer advanced deals online that can save in excess of 20% off the regular price – it may as well be in your pocket!
There is no shortage to the ways that you can save money when planning a family holiday, you just need to know how. With so many resources now available online now there is no excuse for not finding yourself a great deal. Start planning your winter holiday now and give yourself something great to look forward to!