I’ve been THAT mom. The one who has extreme FORO – Fear Of Running Out. I’ve run out of wipes, diapers, toilet paper, paper towels, and school lunch items. This past year, I decided it was time to have our household essentials on a subscription order that automatically arrived every month with everything we needed. I had it all under control, or so I thought.
At some point in April my husband asked me if we had any more bottles of water for him to take to work. While the kids use reusable thermoses, my husband has a heavy workload in a moving teaching position so he prefers not to hold a thermos, with the fear that he might forget it in a classroom (this happened twice.) Disposable water bottles are preferred and when we run out, he ends up paying as much for a bottle of water as I can get for an entire case of water fromReadyRefresh℠ by Nestle®. Which leads me to a new subscription I’ve started to prevent us from running out of our favorite beverages, especially during the hot summer where we need to keep on top of hydration.
My husband isn’t much of a water drinker at home, but after reading that replacing a single 12-ounce, 140 calorie sugar sweetened beverage with water each day for a year can cut more than 50,000 calories from one’s diet, he’s been actively trying to cut out soft drinks and replace them with water.
ReadyRefresh offers a one time delivery or a subscription service for your beverages. They carry brands like Nestle Pure Life, Poland Spring, SanPellegrino, Perrier and more. We are mainly water drinkers, but on the occasion I may want a little zing, I reach for iced tea or SanPellegrino Sparkling Limonata (this one makes a great base for cocktails too!) On my first delivery I saved about $45 and ordered 11 cases of various sizes of water, sparkling drinks, and iced tea.
I think it’s safe to say we are ready for our daily excursions with enough beverages to get us through the next two months. Staying hydrated in the summer is important for my family, and having the ability to take our drinks on the go is a huge plus for us. Find out more by visiting ReadyRefresh and take advantage of their current promotion where you can save up to $50 off your first order. There is no obligation to sign up and you can place a one time order or create a subscription so you never have to worry about running out!
Check out these interesting stats of people surveyed in regards to FORO-
- More than half of all surveyed (52%) experience FORO at least once a week.
- 69% of those surveyed experience feelings such as stress, anxiety and worry when household items start to run low.
- 69% of survey respondents run low on everyday household items at least once a week.
- According to survey respondents, bottled water is the beverage of choice in homes (36%), workplaces (46%), and at school (36%).
- Nearly half of all full-time working parents (46%) surveyed say they ration or replace everyday household items with a less desirable alternative at least once per week, in order to avoid running out completely.
- According to the survey, when running low on household items, food (67%), toilet paper (51%) and bottled water (43%) are the most likely to be restocked first – ahead of items like milk (20%) and diapers (7%).
- Of those surveyed, three out of four (75%) working parents would buy more household items in bulk if it was more convenient.
- According to the survey, more than half of full-time working parents (55%) say that daily errands keep them from spending quality time with friends and family.
Have you ever experienced FORO? Share your experience by using the hashtag #NoMoreFORO on social media!