Once your baby is ready for belly time, your baby is also ready for fun toys! Soft toys with simple colors are most appealing to your new baby’s senses. Did you know that babies cannot see colors when they are born? When they first begin to recognize colors within a few weeks of birth, the most appealing colors are black, white, and red. The people over at Discovery Toys did their research when they came up with the Peek a Boo Cube. With simple patterns and colors, this toy is crafted especially for new babies learning how to use their senses.
The soft interactive cube allows you to use the patterns included on the cube, or even add your own personal photos inside the clear pockets of the cube. The contrasting colors help stimulate visual awareness while helping them learn to recognize shapes, patterns, and even the familiar faces of family members.
The Peek-a-boo photo cube retails at $18.50 and can be purchase only through Discovery Toys. This is a great first toy for any baby!
EXPLORATION, MOTOR SKILLS, THINKING SKILLS, READING & LANGUAGE
- Foster free play exploration and discovery;
- Encourage small motor skills;
- Help explore concepts related to object permanence with peek-a-boo face and pattern cards that fit into see through pockets;
- Stimulate visual awareness with contrasting colors, images and patterns;
- Display photos of baby or other loved ones for baby to recognize, identify and respond to;
- Foster dtorytelling and game playing activities;
- Invite baby to drop other safe infant toys into the cube and pull them out again.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.