Spring is in the air and you know what that means: SPRING CLEANING! Lucky for me Spring Cleaning came around the same time as nesting and this made it very easy to purge everything that was unnecessary clutter in my home. If I wasn’t sure whether or not I wanted something, then that meant I didn’t want it bad enough and tossed it. Along with getting rid of things I didn’t want or need, I also redecorated, purchased a new couch and recliner set, and freshened up my home with flameless scented wax. It was time for a change and I made quite a few big ones! I made sure that everything was cleaned and perfect before I went in to the hospital to have my baby, and when I came home I was relieved to see that my home was as fresh as I left it! There is nothing sweeter than coming back to a fresh, clean, and great smelling home!
Speaking of fresh, the bathroom is a great place to start. Talking about bathroom habits is one of those things you don’t discuss on a first date… or on any date actually. As a matter of fact, I don’t think I’ve EVER discussed my bathroom habits with anyone and I really wasn’t planning on it, but for the sake of blogging and connecting with people, let’s go there now!
My go-to brand of toilet paper is Cottonelle, specifically their very basic blue-bag double rolls. I discovered them once I moved out on my own and haven’t looked back since. Cottonelle teamed up with the host of HGTV’s Cash and Cari and Estate Sale Guru, Cari Cucksey. Cari calls the routine “Ready Fresh Go.” Here are some of Cari’s favorite tips on how to freshen up your home for spring:
- Looking to perk-up up your tired living room and don’t want to break the bank for new furniture? Awaken your tired furniture with new throw pillows in vibrant colors and pick up a few accessories to match. It’s an inexpensive way to brighten the room and make you feel at home again.
- Bathroom feeling like it needs a pick me up? Consider wallpaper…it’s a great way to breathe new life into a smaller space. Consider a textured paper to really make a dramatic change. Enhance your new bathroom’s look with new hand towels. Hang a framed mirror for the finishing touch… many tag sales and thrift shops offer an array of mirrors for a fraction of retail. Don’t forget to upgrade your toiletries and include a fresh roll of Cottonelle Ultra Care toilet paper and Cottonelle Fresh Care flushable wipes!
- Spring has sprung and that means it’s time to de-clutter and clean out those closets! Many of us have items with tags still attached and items we haven’t worn in over a year. Consider donating your items or consigning the more valuable items to your local consignment shop. It’s a great way to earn some cash and clear out the clutter.
- Looking to add some great art to your walls? Have any old calendars or books with photos or artwork you enjoy but never actually “use” anymore? Cut out the pictures you like, reframe them in frames you already own and you’ll have brand new art collection!
- Have a piece of furniture that needs a new lease on life? An easy way to perk up a piece is to give it a new coat of paint or tinted stain. I’m currently color-crushing on anything Orange. Perk up a new piece with your favorite color and build your room around it. It can be as simple as a metal trash can or as large as a dresser. Have fun with your color choice and be sure to use a primer if the piece already has a coat of paint or stain.
Along with this great campaign, Cottonelle has also launched their latest contest on Facebook where they are asking people to talk about their bathroom routines and come up with a creative phrase for it. They are calling it the “Cottonelle Care Routine” but I think you can come up with something more creative to call it! Come on, take the challenge! Head on over to Facebook.com/Cottonelle. The Name Generator on Cottonelle Brand’s Facebook Page will allow you to get a name in three fun ways:
- The Randomizer: Simply click to get a name instantly
- The Personalizer: Answer a few questions for a personalized name
- The Customizer: Create a name to add to our Book of Names and enter for a chance to win a year’s supply of Cottonelle products.
To qualify for the year’s supply of Cottonelle Ultra Comfort Care and Cottonelle Fresh Care, entrants must create a name through The Customizer on Cottonelle Brand’s Facebook Page between June 12, 2012, and February 28, 2013. Winners will be selected in a random drawing on a weekly basis. There is a limit of one prize per person. See full terms and conditions on Cottonelle Brand’s Facebook Page or Cottonelle.com.
About Cottonelle Brand:
The Cottonelle brand provides innovative comfort solutions for perineal personal care. Cottonelle toilet paper is available in three forms: Cottonelle Ultra Comfort Care, Cottonelle Gentle Care, and Cottonelle Clean Care. To help people feel cleaner and fresher than with toilet paper alone, the brand offers Cottonelle Fresh Care Flushable Wipes and Cottonelle Gentle Care Flushable Wipes enriched with Aloe & E. For the latest product information, visit Cottonelle.com.
You can connect with Cottonelle on Facebook and Twitter
I was compensated for this post. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own.