Right before my wedding I got a very bad burn on my back from a cupping incident gone totally wrong. (I’d go into more detail, but I’ll chat about it in another post.) Since my wedding was only a few months away and the cut of my dress would show my scar, I was looking for any solution to minimize scarring and decrease the redness of the burn. Luckily my friend practices simple cosmetic procedures in her office and was able to perform a laser treatment on the scar, but since the scar was so new I was limited to only one treatment. She suggested a silicone scar leaf to use on the healed skin and I wore this leaf religiously for the next few months.
The way that silicone scar leaves work is by creating friction with your skin which promotes healing and reduces the look of scars. It sounds like a hocus pocus remedy but I can attest that it actually works! Another great thing about scar leaves is that they work on old and new scars. I always meant to try it out on my c-section scar but my scar healed very nicely and didn’t bother me to the point that I felt I needed to reduce the scar.
Now that I may be facing another C-Section, I know a lot more this time around. For instance, I know the importance of a post-partum support belly band which flattens your belly and decreases swelling. I never knew about these compression belts until I was in the hospital and two nurses wrapped me up in a hospital-grade band that was WAY too big and uncomfortable for me. They didn’t explain the benefits and it wasn’t until I was about 6 weeks post partum that I read up on compression bands and found out they date back to ancient times and promoted healing. At that point, I only had two more weeks of needed a compression band and didn’t even bother using one. I also plan on using a scar treatment this time around because after two c-sections I’m sure my scar will change a bit.
When I was contacted to review the C-Panty, I knew it was perfect. It has scar relief and compression all in one! The C-Panty was designed by a mom and doctor team to address c-section recover issues, such as scarring, swelling, sensitivity, and discomfort.
The Key to C-Panty is:
- An interior silicone panel localized to the C-section incision. Silicone increases the moisture content of the area and addresses scar formation issues such as scar appearance, size and symptoms.
- A gentle compression panel to address swelling and support the incision area. Support and edema control mean increased comfort!
- A fluted waist to avoid the discomfort of elastic panty waistbands. No more digging in waistbands or big-ole panties! Yes, C-moms, you can toss out the giant mesh panties!
- An added bonus of the compression panel to control swelling is that C-Panty helps to provide a little post-baby shaping and hold down that pesky little C-bulge.
- Designed by a two-time C-section mom and surgeon team to consider both clinical recovery factors and what C-moms want. C-Panty is seamless, washable and made in the USA.
- For more info see our FAQs, About Recovery and Resources pages.
- C-Panty, get back to taking care of baby in comfort.
If you know you are going to have a c-section, then I would recommend getting a few of these to have on hand. Don’t worry, you can always order the C-Panty even after you have had a c-section in case it wasn’t planned! Order your C-Panty Here! There are other items in the C-Panty product line that are geared for other moms who have had vaginal deliveries as well! Check out their videos to learn more!
Disclosure: I received a complimentary sample to facilitate my review. All opinions are my own.