I’m not big into giving my girls medicine unless they absolutely need it. Even now that my infant is teething, I use more natural methods to manage her pain rather than resorting to pain relievers. My toddler, who has had many colds and fevers, always gets the medicine she needs, but only when she absolutely needs it. I’m lucky to have a pediatrician who agrees with me when it comes to medicine, and when he prescribes something, I trust his judgement.
When my toddler comes down with colds that make her head stuffy with mucus, Children’s Mucinex is one medicine her pediatrician recommends. The first time he recommended it, I was a little wary, being that she was under the recommended age according to the Mucinex label. He assured me that the dosage he recommended was appropriate for her weight and age, so I gave it to her. Within the hour, she was back to breathing easier and her congestion eased up. We’ve only used it a few times, but each time we used it, it helped clear her congestion and perform as it promises. I knew it would, because just about every winter I come down with bronchitis, and Mucinex is the only thing that helps me breathe better.
Now, I’m not saying to give your kid Children’s Mucinex each time they sneeze or cough, but if you feel your child is uncomfortable from a cold that keeps them stuffy, talk to their pediatrician about Children’s Mucinex. Some things to note about Children’s Mucinex:
- Use as directed
- A bad cold can make your child miserable. Children’s Mucinex® can help.
- Children’s Mucinex® provides fast acting relief for your child’s worst cold symptoms
- Children’s Mucinex® Multi-Symptom Cold relieves stuffy nose, cough and chest congestion
- Children’s Mucinex® Multi-Symptom Cold liquid comes in a very Berrylicious flavor
- You can feel confident knowing that Children’s Mucinex® Multi-Symptom Cold liquid is safe and effective when used as directed, so Moms and kids can move on and have a great day.
It is important to remember:
- Always read complete warnings and information on Children’s Mucinex® Multi-Symptom Cold liquid
- Only use the dosing device that comes packaged with the medicine
- Do not use more than directed
- Intended for use for children between the ages 4-12 years old
- When used as directed, relieves stuffy nose, cough, chest congestion, and also thins and loosens mucus
- For complete drug facts, uses, warnings, dosing chart, and active ingredients, click here
- Click here for more information on Children’s Mucinex® products
- ‘Like’ Mucinex® on Facebook
- Purchase additional Children’s Mucinex® Multi-Symptom Cold liquid at your local retail store with the $2 off digital coupon
- If you are unsure about using Children’s Mucinex® Multi-Symptom Cold liquid for your child, talk to your pediatrician.
- Please call the toll free number 1-866-MUCINEX (1-866-682-4639) if you have any product related questions.
Disclosure: I am not a doctor and I do not have any medical training. Please consult with your doctor before trying new medicines. I received a free Mucinex gift pack in exchange for this post.