What happens when you combine your favorite treat with your favorite drink? Well, that would be a Watermelon Margarita Cupcake! These delicious sweet treats are the perfect dessert for your summer BBQs and sure to impress your adult guests. For a kid friendly version, leave out the tequila!
- 1 box Watermelon flavored cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 tbsp tequila
- 1 Cup unsalted butter softened
- 3 cup powder sugar
- 1 tsp tequila
- 2-5 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream.
- 1 Lime cut into wedges
- Directions for cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, excluding 1 tbsp tequila, and using a hand mixer, mix on medium speed until well combined.
- fill cupcake liners with batter and bake for 22 minutes
- Once cupcakes are done and cooled, poke holes on top of the cupcakes with a fork.
- Dip the cupcake into the remaining 1 tbsp of tequila
- Directions for frosting:
- Combine all ingredients into a standing mixing bowl and mix on low speed till stiff peaks form.
- Frost onto cooled cupcakes and enjoy.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply