When your little one is sick, the last thing you want to do is make them more uncomfortable. I learned this with my first baby during her first fever. She had Roseola, and if you don’t know what that is, it is a common childhood disease in the chicken pox family that presents itself with a very high fever for a few days and then a rash throughout the body. She was never this sick before and frequent fever checks were a must!
As I learned from my mother, taking a child’s temperature rectally is the most accurate, but really, when a child is sick the last thing they want to be is poked and prodded. Thankfully we had a Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer on hand! This was especially handy during middle of the night fever checks where I wasn’t sure if it was worth it to wake up my baby. If she didn’t have a fever, she wouldn’t need to wake up to take meds. If I undressed her to take her temperature, then I would be disturbing her much needed sleep. With the Braun Thermoscan ear thermometer, she remained comfortable as I put my mind at ease checking her temperature (more times than I would like to admit.)
My only gripe with the Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer is that the display didn’t light up. This would be helpful during night readings, but isn’t that big of a deal to me since my daughters don’t wake up when we turn on the bedside light. Now that I have two babies and have experienced more fevers than I can count on two hands, I feel comfortable putting my trust in Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometers when they are sick. They both prefer having their temperature taken by ear, and quite honestly, I prefer to take their temperature this way! Here are some specs on the Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer:
- Braun ThermoScan is used by most pediatricians – so moms know it’s the best
- Braun’s exclusive patented technology offers unparalled accuracy through a pre-warmed tip that minimizes the cooling effect from the introduction of a cold sensor in the ear
- The Guidance system ensures proper placement in the ear to avoid any misreads
- Multiple memory function lets mom easily monitor the progress of a fever, which can also be important when communicating with your doctor.
- Includes disposable lens filters, which should be changed after each use to reduce the transmission of germs
- Can be used from birth and up
The Braun ThermoScan Ear Thermometer (IRT4520) has an SRP of $39.99 – $49.99 and is available at major retailers, drug chains and baby stores nationwide. Comes complete with a protective storage case, 2 AA batteries and 21 disposable lens filters. Additional Braun ThermoScan Lens Filters (LF40) are available in the same stores nationwide and come 40 per box.
You can order yours through Amazon where the Braun ThermoScan Ear Thermometer is rated as a best seller!