In honor of Mother’s Day, I had a little get together with a few friends this past weekend. When asking a mom what her beverage of choice is, I would assume that 90% of the time they will say coffee, while the other 10% might ask for something a bit stronger. Of course, we all know what they say about assumptions, but I think it’s safe to say we mamas love our coffee.
I take my coffee very seriously. So when I was asked to host a Dunkin’ Donuts in home party with my friends, I was more than happy to start inviting people over for a cup of coffee and some mommy talk! I invited 10 of my closest friends over, but only 6 were able to make it due to the busy weekend. My hubby offered to take out the traditional coffee maker (we use a Keurig) for the party, but I thought it would be nice if everyone can make their own freshly brewed cup of coffee in their choice of flavor. Oh, I didn’t mention the flavors!! Dunkin’ Donuts is now offering three delicious varieties for at-home brewing: coconut (my personal fave) strawberry shortcake, and triple berry. To be completely honest, I didn’t even consider trying any other flavor but coconut, but after smelling the strawberry shortcake, I had to try it – it was delicious!
Many of my friends who attended own a Keurig single-cup coffee maker, but I let them know that this didn’t limit them in using the coffee they loved. The Ekobrew refillable k-cup allows you to use any coffee you love with your Keurig machine. For Dunkin Donuts coffee, the package specifies that you use 1 tablespoon for an 8oz cup of coffee. Depending on how strong you like your coffee, you can use more or less, but I found that their standard measurement was perfect. After a quick demo, it was time for my friends to each pick a flavor and brew their own cup of Dunkin’ Donuts coffee. I wasn’t surprised that coconut was the popular flavor, but we decided to brew at least one cup of each flavor to try them all out. Strawberry Shortcake was a close second to coconut, and mixed berry was fragrant and fruity.
Dunkin’ Donuts provided each mom with their own tumbler and bag of coffee, which is great for brewing a cup of coffee over ice for a cool-refreshing cup of iced coffee on the go! We all had a great time enjoying a quiet cup of coffee while our hubbies stayed with the kiddos, but after two hours of mommy-time, it was time to return to our lives, with a cup of Dunkin’ in hand! You can find out more about their new seasonal flavors by visiting Dunkin’ Donuts.