After speaking with a few friends who are vegetarians, I’ve decided to do my own little experiment and try to cut out meats from my diet. The reason I decided to do this is because I have been feeling extremely fatigued for a few years now, and I figured a diet change was in order. I have been trying to cut back on meats because they are full of antibiotics and growth hormones and I don’t want this stuff in my body! I guess you can’t really call me a “vegetarian” but rather, a “flexitarian” since I do eat meat- although I am VERY picky about the meat I eat. I was never into beans but now I have to explore more protein sources, and beans are top on the list. My favorite meat-substitution meal is falafel. I LOVE falafel and not only is it filling, when you wrap it up in a warm pita with some lettuce, onions, and cucumber yogurt sauce, trust me- you won’t even miss the meat!
Did you know that October is National Vegetarian Awareness Month? Yes, there is an “awareness” month for everything, and celebrating your vegetarianism is in order! Veggie Patch is helping you celebrate by creating awareness for the healthy foods out there that are easy to take on the go for snacks, lunch, and dinner. The best part? They don’t contain trans fats or MSG and only made from REAL vegetables! Even your kids will like them!
Veggie Patch’s vegetable-based products make it easy to sneak veggies into any diet.
- Veggie Patch Falafel Chickpea Balls contain more than 3/4 of a serving of vegetables per serving
- Veggie Patch Spinach Nuggets and Zucchini Sticks each contain more than 1/2 serving of vegetables per serving
- Veggie Patch Broccoli Bites with Cheese, Spinach Bites with Cheese and Mediterranean Chickpea Patties each contain at least 1/3 serving of vegetables per servingVeggie Patch meat alternatives are a good to excellent source of protein and have significantly less fat than real meat. Available in the chilled and frozen food aisles at leading supermarkets nationwide, Veggie Patch foods are ideal for lunch, dinner or a quick snack.Vegetable Products
- Falafel Chickpea Balls
- Spinach Nuggets
- Broccoli Bites with Cheese
- Spinach Bites with Cheese
- Mediterranean PattiesMeatless Products
- Meatless Meatballs
- Chick’n Nuggets
- Chick’n Cutlets
- Ultimate Meatless Burger
You can find out more by visiting Veggie Patch, where you can find vegetarian recipe ideas. You can also connect with them on Facebook and Twitter. Excited to try Veggie Patch? Be sure to visit their site to find out which stores near you will carry Veggie Patch. These look so yummy! I can’t wait to try them!
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Veggie Patch. I received product coupons and a promotional item to thank me for participating.