From the moment my eyes open in the morning, and probably even before that, my mind is racing. I am usually awoken by the shriek of my toddler who hates waking up or by my infant who is starving and needs to be fed ASAP. Sometimes, both will wake up at the same time and it’s all about them! I can say I’m typically a morning person, but lately I’m not an afternoon person. I started to skip my morning coffee because this summer has been so busy with events, trips, beach days, and more. I’m always envious of those moms who have a cup of Dunkin in the cupholder of their child’s stroller and I always think “That should be MINE!”
I don’t need my pick me up in the morning, I need mine closer to the afternoon or after lunch time. I get excited when both kids nap at the same time (which has only happened twice since my newborn’s arrival) because I can sit down and enjoy a cup of coffee IN PEACE! When I know I will be heading out, I set up my coffee machine so that it will be ready with just a push of a button. If I decide to go for iced, I just add a scoop of ice to my “to-go” tumbler and I’m on my way: toddler, infant, diaper bag, and coffee in hand!
Do you love coffee as much as I do? Well, Dunkin’ Donuts has an exciting promotion coming up. You can win a $10,000 Grocery Gift Card, a one year supply of Dunkin’ Donuts, and more prizes! All you have to do is share a photo of your SMILING face and your favorite mug of coffee (you might need to drink some coffee first to get your perk up!)
The promotion runs through August 26, so head over to Dunkin at Home and enter today!
Now through August 26, Dunkin’ Donuts Coffee fans are invited to enter the Dunkin’ Donuts Mug Up Promotion by uploading a photo of themselves with their mug of coffee to www.dunkinathome.com. All eligible entries will be entered in six weekly and one Grand Prize drawings. Winners will be randomly selected on or about each Monday starting on July 22 through August 26, and the Grand Prize winner will be selected on or about August 29, 2012. Participants are encouraged to check out the gallery of other Dunkin’ Donuts Coffee drinkers and their mugs. For complete details, Official Rules and the entry form for this promotion, visit www.dunkinathome.com/mug-up. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 and over. Void where prohibited.
Dunkin Donuts coffee is available for purchase so you can brew right at home! They come in 22, 24, and 40 ounce bags and are available in Original Blend and Dunkin Decaf.
Here are some tips for your photoshoot, courtesy of Shaina Olmanson, the founder, blogger and photographer behind the popular blog Food for My Family
Whether you’re planning to upload a funny, crazy, mysterious or thirsty face to the Dunkin’ Donuts Mug Up Promotion, keep the following tips in mind:
- Chin Up! Angle your forehead towards the camera to clean up the neck and jaw line. It feels weird but actually looks good!
- Master the 2/3 Turn. Instead of facing square to the camera, turn away from it about 45 degrees. It will appear to give you a slimmer profile.
- Powder On; Powder Off. A matte finish on your face is essential to achieve a great portrait. Use a powder with a yellow, rather than white tint, to avoid a white cast on your face from the camera flash. Not using powder? Use a napkin to blot your face.
- Experiment with Expressions. A smile is great but a compelling portrait doesn’t rely on saying “cheese” for the camera. Act out different emotions and different moods to create a compelling shot.
- Have Fun. You always look your best when you’re enjoying what you’re doing. Let your hair down, kick off your shoes, smile, and show off your pearly whites. Don’t forget to have a bit of fun.
Dunkin’ Donuts packaged coffee is available in the coffee aisle of grocery retailers, drug stores and club stores nationwide. Visit www.dunkinathome.com for more information and to find a store near you.
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Dunkin’ Donuts packaged coffee and received product samples and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate